All of a sudden I had an epiphany. If I didn't mind looking at the DOM on the iPhone's display, I could just go to the page Mike Hall created on his site and use it on my iPhone!
- Put the following URL into your iPhone: http://brainjar.com/dhtml/domviewer/demo.html
- Use your fingers to enlarge the page that comes up to a decent size.
- Look on the page for the text: "The DOM Viewer can be used explore this page's document tree."
- The word "document" will be in a slightly different font.
- Tap the word "document" with your finger.
- A new window will open up in the browser showing you the DOM tree!
- Use your fingers to zoom this output to a readable size.
- Go crazy discovering new interesting stuff about iPhone Safari!
Thanks Mike Hall for creating such a useful tool!
Note: you may have to tap links more than once to get them to work.